A bold sound for a bold brand
A sound with many faces
NOW TV’s decision to focus on its own sonic branding was made after research showed that its previous core track, the commercial song “My Type” by Saint Motel, wasn’t able to be adapted for various content and has been used on a number of other brands ad campaigns.
The brand aimed for a sonic brand that…
- Was fully ownable;
- Was future proof;
- Developed alongside new visual identity;
- Aligned to core brand principles;
- Could flex depending on the content genre (action vs. thriller) and the environment (e.g. social vs. cinema);
- Included a range of audio cues for cross-channel integration.
Our research started with looking at the sonic identities of other streaming services and looking into what made them effective.
The Now TV Landscape
The landscape in which Now TV covers includes commercials, social media, mobile app and on-demand.
Our solution was to create a sonic brand identity that consisted of the following:
- Core track;
- Music Logo;
- Audio cues;
- Track genre variations: Action,
Christmas, Sports, Suspense, Thriller.
Segments can be extended and reordered to fit with various visual templates.
- Developed from core track cues (riff and cheer)
- Allows integration across channels where track may not be used (social/promos)
- Potential to extend use into further channels (e.g. start up animation)
Softer audio cues can be used to drive association and aid spontaneous awareness.